Dr. Marie St. Rose
The Certificate in Health Services Management is designed for health care professionals who are seeking to improve their management, administrative, and leadership skills. The target audience for the Certificate Program:
- persons already employed in the health care field with an associate or bachelor’s degree;
- persons currently in a managing position in the health care field or on a career path in the direction of health care management; and
- persons interested in gaining knowledge of careers in the health care field.
Students wishing to pursue the Certificate in Health Services Management must do the following:
- Apply for admission to the University.
- Have a letter of recommendation.
- Have a current position in the health care field,
- Write a detailed statement of interest in health care management if not employed in the health care field, and
- Take all semester credits applicable to the Certificate Program at Norfolk State University.
Concentration in Health Services Management
The concentration in Health Services Management is for students who have Interdisciplinary Studies as their major. Those students seeking a concentration in Health Services Management can take the Health Services Management core courses as directed by the division of Interdisciplinary Studies (Department of History and Interdisciplinary Studies).
Courses are taught on-line.
|HSM 300||Health Services Management||3|
|HSM 310||Health Personnel Management||3|
|HSM 311||Legal Aspects & Ethics of Health-Care Delivery||3|
|HSM 331||Health Financial Management||4|