The purpose of the Division of University Advancement is to advance the University’s mission by:
- involving constituents and stakeholders in the life of the University;
- informing constituents of University achievements, priorities, opportunities and challenges;
- researching, identifying, cultivating, and securing support and financial investments in the University;
- being good stewards of the institution’s relationships and resources; and
- promoting and enhancing the University’s stature and image.
The above mission is accomplished through the planning and execution of various programs that promote voluntary support for the University and ongoing liaisons with governmental agencies, foundations, business and industry, alumni and others that provide funds and resources to the University. Specific initiatives to actualize the division’s goals are coordinated through the functional areas of alumni relations, development, event planning, and the L. Douglas Wilder Performing Arts Center. The NSU Foundation, Inc. is a separate entity that also advances and supports the University’s mission by soliciting, receiving, investing, and administering gift resources for the University. Many need-based scholarships are administered through the NSU Foundation.